Master in Agro-industrial Technology, Universitas Gadjah Mada offers learning services that are expected to increase the capacity of graduates to become an entrepreneurial Agroindustrialist. The Agroindustrialist is expected to be able to manage agroindustry productively, consumer-oriented and highly competitive both locally and globally, especially after the enactment of the ASEAN Economic Community (MEA) on 31 December 2015. The perspective that positions agriculture as an integrated system, links links ( suppley and value chain farmers, suppliers, processors, distributors and retailers who play an important role in each system approach (System Approach), managerial technology mastery, engineering technology and manufacturing agroindustry systems in agro-industry development are special characteristics for Industrial Technology Masters Agriculture.
Learning Outcome (LO).
The Master in Agro-industrial Technology aims to be the first choice for students and professionals in seeking sources of agro-industrial knowledge, nationally and internationally producing professionals in the field of sustainable agro-industrial technology, to produce professionals in the field of agro-industrial technology, and to provide graduates with the ability and competence in developing networks and becoming leaders in the fields of (1) systems engineering, (2) management, and (3) sustainable agro-industrial systems. To produce professionals in sustainable agro-industrial technology, the program establishes Learning Outcome (LO) as follows.
- Mastering the theory and application methods of systems engineering, processing technology, and management in agro-industry;
- Mastering the theory of research methodology in the field of agroindustry;
- Mastering scientific communication theory, both written, visual and verbal on a national/international scale and able to identify and use appropriate technical literatures;
- Mastering learning strategies to gain new knowledge in the field of agro-industry, apply and develop it independently.
Specific Skills LOs:
- Able to develop knowledge, technology, and agro-industry policies through research, to produce innovative and tested works;
- Able to identify, formulate, and solve agro-industry problems through an inter or multidisciplinary approach;
- Able to manage research in agro-industry, that is beneficial to society and science development, and able to get national or international recognition;
- Able to develop test and measurement alternatives, analyze, and interpret an experiment result; and apply it for improvement;
- Able to design and develop systems, system components, or processes in the field of agro-industrial engineering technology.
Generic Skills LOs
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking by utilizing information technology to produce solutions according to the field of expertise with integrity and embodied in scientific documents;
- Able to develop networks, adapt, be creative, contribute, supervise, evaluate and make decisions in order to show independent and group performance to apply knowledge in social life;
Attitude Skills LOs
- Demonstrate a Pancasilaist attitude and awareness of the interests of the nation and state;
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, self-confidence, emotional maturity, ethics, and awareness of being a lifelong learner;
Participants who have fulfilled the requirements for completing their studies will graduate and receive the title of Master of Science (M.Sc)
Quality Assurance System
Master program quality assurance is carried out by following the system at both in the university level (UGM Quality Assurance Office) and the faculty level (Quality Management Unit).
The Master in Agro-industrial Technology offers 2 (two) study interest which includes the fields of expertise, namely:
1. Industrial Management Technology
- Agro-industrial Management
- Quality and Standardization System
- Material Logistics and Supply Chain
2. Engineering Technology and Invoice Agro-Industrial Systems
- Agro-industry Manufacture Engineering
- Agro-industry Manufacturing System
The duration of education is 24 months with study load of 38-41 credits, supplemented by industrial visits, discussions, seminars and others.